There’s never been a better time than now to take full advantage of the sheer quantity of flavors and different therapeutic products that the legal cannabis industry has to offer. We are fortunate enough to have thousands of strains at our fingertips, due to not only the huge amount of dispensaries and cannabis delivery options (such as our Greenery Map App) – but also the perpetual crossbreeding, unique profiles, and the revival of older strains by industry leaders that have occurred over the past few decades.
Taking everything into account, below we’ve assembled a definitive list of what we’re looking forward to this year. Keep reading as we cover 5 of the most exciting, eye-catching strains that are ‘coming in hot’ from cultivators all over the United States.
Strain #1: Alien Banana Candy
It’s a candy and ice cream world and we’re just living in it. The first heavy-hitter on our list is Alien Banana Candy, which is grown by Shango Labs in Las Vegas. Shango prides itself on reviving older strains to make what we see today feel new and exciting, and with over 200 defined strains, this one has been a consumer favorite for a reason.
- This indica-dominant hybrid receives its potency from its cross of Alien Rock Candy with the tropical fruity undertones of Banana OG, inspiring a relaxed and happy vibe.
Strain #2: Alice In Wonderland
Next, we love hunting for the best genetics in the industry and it’s even more exciting to show off the strains with ‘OG’ roots. Said to be a descendant of Willy’s Wonder―a legendary indica strain with Afghani genetics, Alice in Wonderland has many therapeutic qualities, especially for those suffering from anxiety or depression.
- Although its background lies in the indica realm, sativa has taken the helm here and dominated this new cannabis strain with its euphoric cerebral effects, providing an elevated sensory experience.
- This strain is perfect for creative pastimes or relieving daytime stress.
Strain #3: Peanut Butter Breath
Thirdly, with a name like Peanut Butter Breath, how could you not be at least a little bit curious about this strain?
Peanut Butter Breath, also known as “Peanut Butter” and “Peanut Breath,” is as true of a hybrid strain as you can find. Perfectly balanced with Do-Si-Dos and Mendo Breath, this strain gets its name from having a unique nutty and earthy terpene profile when smoked.
- This cannabis strain is known to bring you down into a deep state of pure chill relaxation with its sedative effect.
- It is commonly chosen to treat some conditions such as appetite loss or nausea, depression, chronic stress, or chronic pain.
Strain #4: Grapefruit Durban
Another sweet selection with deep roots, this uplifting citrus-smelling sativa is a warm weather favorite. By combining the classic OG effects of Durban Poison with the strong flavors of Grapefruit, it gives a strong cerebral and energetically motivating high, with heady effects felt throughout the entire body.
- Medical marijuana patients choose this strain to treat conditions such as chronic fatigue, depression, chronic stress, nausea/appetite loss, and migraines/headaches.
Strain #5: Gorilla OG
Last but not least, we’ve all surely heard of the famous Gorilla Glue #4, but how about Gorilla OG?
Gorilla OG is a perfect example of how growers have become increasingly proficient in crafting custom varieties. A cross of Mango Kush and GG #4, this cannabis strain is notable for its powerful indica sensation, along with loads of OG Kush flavor.
- Best for evening use, Gorilla OG has a powerful sedative-like effect and can have you “glued” to your couch after just a few tokes.
- This strain is best for treating insomnia, depression, stress, and pain.
Greenery Map App is Your #1 Search Tool for Exciting Cannabis Strains (& Where to Find Them)
In conclusion, although time-consuming, perhaps the most exciting thing about being a cannabis enthusiast is simply trying new strains. As growers continue improving cultivation techniques and finding new ways to select specific traits from each strain, we’ll certainly be gaining more access to delicious flavors as well as potent beneficial effects.
Keep an eye out for the above-mentioned strains on the Greenery Map App, & pick them up on your next run to the dispensary closest to you!
*As always, be sure to consult your physician before making any changes to your health or fitness regimen.